Broad Function and Purpose of Position:
Manage maintenance for the Marion Ohio campus (production, shipping, and facilities) through supervision of maintenance technicians and contractors; Assist with project work & process improvements; Strong focus on reliability engineering, maintenance effectiveness, and cost control.
- Display active leadership in advancing the Sika SAFE culture in Marion pursuing the objectives of zero injuries and 100% Employee Engagement.
- Perform inspections, diagnosis and repairs of machinery and equipment.
- Lead and support Maintenance Technicians and Instrument Controls Engineers, working alongside the team to attend to mechanical issues.
- Oversees inspection activities throughout the production processes.
- Oversee maintenance staff, prioritization of projects and maintenance tasks.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine root causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems, and institute corrective actions related to machine capabilities as required.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practices to improve operational performance while developing and implementing operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Identify and implement full preventative maintenance schedules and ensure they are completed on schedule.
- Communicate effectively with Plant Managers, Supervisors, co-workers, vendors and contractors.
- Coordinate with external maintenance and repair contractors or OEM service vendors as necessary.
- Assist with managing contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements including Safety, Environmental, and insurance requirements.
- Schedule both internal and external work to minimize planned down time and reduce or eliminate overtime.
- Optimize equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Produce machinery and equipment downtime reports and make presentations as needed.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the maintenance organization.
- Responsible for management of day-to-day activities of site level CAPEX Projects.
- Supports adequate spare parts inventory control.
- Perform other work and projects as required by the Director of Operations.
- Education: BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred; Industrial or Chemical with relevant experience).
- Experience: at least 8 years in a manufacturing environment, including hands-on mechanical & electrical, supervising or directing personnel, health and safety regulations.
- Hands on mechanical & electrical aptitude for working with equipment & tools.
- Support off shift & weekend work as needed (technical support, special projects, shut-down maintenance).
- Independent and self-directed, with strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Proficient with computers & software applications.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA standards.
Competitive Benefits: Health Insurance, 401k with company match, year-end profit-sharing bonus, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Meaningful Work: Sika products enhance our surroundings and the work every employee completes helps positively impact daily lives by making our world stronger, more durable, and more reliable – every day.
Company Culture: Sika centers work culture around entrepreneurship where individuals have the power to make decisions, learn from mistakes, and define their career.
Community Involvement: Sika takes active roles in our community and aims to support volunteer work and charitable endeavors across the United States through rebuilding and giving back.
Sustainability Initiatives: Sika is committed to sustainable development, reducing environmental impacts, and assuming social responsibility. The company supports energy efficient projects and implements numerous measures aimed to boost economic, social, and ecological sustainability.
Sika Corporation is committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals that apply. As an equal opportunity employer Sika will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other protected characteristics.
With over 100 years of experience, Sika is a worldwide innovation and sustainability leader in the development and production of systems and products for commercial and residential construction, as well as the marine, automotive, and renewable energy manufacturing industries. Sika has offices in over 100 countries with over 300 manufacturing facilities and more than 33,500 employees worldwide. With annual sales of 11.5+ billion dollars in 2022, our commitment to quality, innovation, and the environment as well as putting our customer’s needs first, encompasses why Sika is the global leader in our industries.